Latest News

Fred Strahorn Sworn Into Office As State Senator

Monday, April 6, 2009 , Posted by Tipp Voice at Monday, April 06, 2009


COLUMBUS – Former State Representative Fred Strahorn returned to Ohio’s General Assembly today when he was sworn into office as the State Senator for District 5, representing Miami County and parts of Montgomery and Darke counties. Senator Strahorn replaces Tom Roberts who retired in February to accept an appointment to the Ohio Civil Rights Commission.

“I’m excited to get back to work as a member of the General Assembly,” said Senator Strahorn. “There’s a lot I hope to accomplish on behalf of the people of the 5th District. Education will be one of my priority issues, especially getting parents more involved.”

The Senate Democratic Caucus voted unanimously to appoint Strahorn to fill the remainder of Senator Robert’s term, which expires in 2010. “I would like to express my thanks to the Democratic Caucus for my appointment to the Senate and my gratitude to my friends and family for their support,” said Senator Strahorn.
Senator Strahorn spent eight years in the Ohio House of Representatives before he left office in 2008 because of term limits. While in the Ohio House he served as Minority Whip and Democratic Caucus Policy Chairman. Senator Strahorn most recently worked as Vice President for Governmental Affairs for the Ohio United Way.

Currently have 0 comments:

Leave a Reply

Post a Comment